Monday, January 7, 2008

An Incomplete List of Things that I have bought in the order of excitement caused by their purchase.

1. 80 sheets of graph paper and a five subject notebook with plastic (!), three pocket(!) dividers

2. Two sweaters
a. the stripped one
b. the blue one

3. A cat (I haven't bought a real cat, but I like thinking about it. That's why this is number three, because it isn't real. It would be number one if it was real. Come on. It's a cat!)

4. Bike tires. (This is sarcastic excitement because I lack the skill and instruments to attach them to my bike. But if I would go buy a wrench then it would be genuine excitement so...)

5. A wrench! (I haven't bought this. And I'm not going to. But I should, and this list is becoming less exact then I had hoped for so, why not? I would be number five excited about the purchasing of a wrench and a...)

6. Pump! (Do I need to explain that I haven't bought this?)

That's it. I should have started this off with a do not read advisory, but really the title tells you all you need to know. This is a list of things I've bought. Don't read this. Come on. But because you made it this far, I assume that I'm paying you to read this so I'm number seven excited that I bought your attention.

7. Your attention!

I hope I didn't pay too much for it, because I really should buy a wrench.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have created, here, the perfect blog entry

it's really funny and funny real.

word...

Anonymous said...

if i'd made that comment, i'd want to remain anonymous, too.

and i did make that comment.
and i do want to remain anonymous.