Friday, December 14, 2007

I'll glue you to a Christmas cookie.

Merry Christmas! I made you some Christmas Cookies, that I also make at other times of the year, but because it's Christmas time they're Christmas Cookies! And in the holiday spirit I have decided that I don't want you to die! Merry Christmas! So I've included a footnote*. Anyways, Happy Holidays and all that smooth jazz! Because it's Christmas, a time for relaxing, and normal jazz makes people nervous, so just listen to smooth jazz, even though it's not very good.

*If the footnote is longer** then the realnote, is it a footnote? We don't have time to answer this question right now. This is a very busy time of year. We are so busy baking cookies and not dying and reading footnotes we have no time to ponder the nature of footnotes. So get back to what you were doing, save this for August 17th, Regional Footnote Day.

**Careful. I put eggs in these cookies. I put eggs on top of these cookies too. So the powdered sugar would stick. If you start feeling sick, go to the doctor. You probably just have food poisoning, but it might be salmonella. Either way I think you are supposed to go to the doctor. Some of the cookies don't have eggs on them, some of them have glue. So most of what I said before still applies. Except the salmonella. Don't eat glue.

It was hard getting the powdered sugar to stick. First I tried licking the cookies and laying them in a bowl of powdered sugar, but that hurt my tongue. These cookies are sharp. That's the other thing you should be careful about with these cookies. Their sharpness. Then I tried taping the sugar on, but it gave the cookies a weird texture. And look. And flavor. I tried melting the powdered sugar on the cookies. But they were already baked so the blowtorch was just burning them. Then the glue, which is really the best way to do it, fyi. I used a glue stick. Just a couple of lines on the top, and voila! Glue on cookies. Then I had to put the powdered sugar on top of the glue lines. It was great, but then I ran out of glue. So I used eggs. But I hard boiled the eggs before I used them, so I guess you should be fine. Never mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tried to make some cookies using your recipe. i couldn't get the powdered eggs to stick to the cookie. so, i didn't even bother trying to stick the powdered sugar to the eggs.
the eggs weren't on the cookies and that's where i want the powdered sugar. on the cookies.

oh! this modern bakery. your bakery and tom foolery have me all smooglybooked.

Sam said...

Your blog makes me laugh. hard.